You may be thinking about treating yourself or a family member to a gift. Purchasing a new car just might be the right choice. But, the question is which car should you get? The following guide may enlighten you as to why an eco-friendly vehicle may be a good choice for you and your family.
A Gift For Everyone
The first thing that you should remember is that regular vehicle emission amount to 8,320 pounds of CO2 per year. The earth's atmosphere now contains about 35 percent more gases than it did before the Industrial Revolution. These greenhouse gases harm the environment, you, your family, and the rest of the world's inhabitants.
What does this mean? It means that a normal vehicle will be contributing to the massive increase of greenhouse gases.
You will be preventing the following consequences of overloaded greenhouse gases by purchasing an eco-friendly car:
- A rise in sea levels, which could flood some regions
- An increase of extreme weather conditions and phenomena like hurricanes or tsunamis
- Increase of overall temperature to dangerous levels
A Great Gift For You
You know how it will help the world, but how does purchasing an eco-friendly car help you? Consider some of the following:
- Savings On Fuel. You will be saving around 3,371 dollars in five years with 15,000 miles just on gasoline, although this does depend on the efficiency of the vehicle that you choose. And the amount of driving that you actually do.
- Tax Breaks. There may be an opportunity to get a tax break by purchasing an eco-friendly vehicle, but the amount depends on the vehicle you end up choosing. Talk to your auto sales representative about which cars might be best for you.
- Employer Perks. Several companies offer incentives for their employees who switch to an eco-friendly vehicle, like subsidies or refunds. You can talk to your employer to find out if they have such a program.
- Insurance Savings. You should also find out if your vehicle's insurance company offers a discount for driving an eco-friendly car.
These are just some of the ways that an eco-friendly vehicle can pay you back for making the switch. Talk to your auto sale specialist about other benefits about making the switch; but, you can see that purchasing a brand new car that is also earth-conscious is definitely the gift for everyone this Christmas. Visit an auto dealer like Hart Fullerton Leasing to learn more.